Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Education

Educationism: of thoughts beyond the radius of limitless passion and job
Kencho Tenzin, a grade one boy of Zangtherpo primary school upon seeing me greeted with a smile and bowed, "Kuzuzangpola." I smiled back and told him, "I am a stranger to you. So why do you greet?" No wonder the boy smiled, "Uncle I always make a point to greet anyone whenever and wherever I meet them."
There's sustenance in his words. More than the gesture of veneration, kuzuzangpola is perhaps a prelude to closeness and friendship. It's true that etiquette begins at home as the boy told me the way his parents brought him up. His exhibition of decency and a behaviour like a well-seasoned citizen in his formative years can tell us how etiquette can mould every one of us. A proper parenting and befitting personal manner can create a successful home and a harmonious nation.
Walking all the way from Dawathang for the purpose of schooling, Kencho aspires to become a gentleman. And on asking him a question why he doesn't want to become someone in his life, he smiled again and said, "First I want to become a gentleman and then I may fit to work anywhere." If we have graduates with an attitude like the little boy, we needn't have to find any panacea for tackling different social ills. Kudos to little friend Kencho. Hoping to see him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment