Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Servicism

The Nation's Becoming Drivers

 Fully determined, the boys of Moshi primary school greeted me with loud Kuzu zangpo and then I reciprocated by smiling back as I was on my way to Phugayoe. "Uncle drop us to our place," uttered the youngest one. "Why do I need to lift you, boys?"  "Sorry uncle," replied the boy in a white gho as he began to pull his youngest friend aside.  "Get inside, I just wanted you guys to get home very late."  "Kadrinchoela."

With aura of their puerile innocence and inoffensiveness, my way of treating them differently didn't bother them at all. In the mid of our silent journey, one of the boys dared to ask me, " Ata where do you work?" I turned back and replied, "I am a driver."  "Wow! We too aspires to become a driver," shouted the boys from the back seat of a car. 
"Then why do you walk to the school every day if you aspire to become a driver?"  "I attend school every day to become an educated driver," replied the eldest boy.
 "Why do you boys prefer to become drivers to dashos then?"
"Do dashos drive trucks?" asked the eldest boy.
"No. That's not their job."
"What do they really do?"  I tried every second of our journey to convince and influence those little kids but it went all in vain. Before we finally depart, we stopped for a while and I intentionally reasked them, "What do you want to become?"
"I want to become a driver," replied the youngest boy.  "Because both dashos and drivers can drive the nation forward," responded the other two boys.
"Yeah you all are right. Like dashos, drivers too work for the nation, " I reaffirmed them as I bade goodbye to those determined boys.

(Reflecting upon their responses, am I not wrongly educated? But it's morally unsound to blame the system!  Singularizing my attitudinal outlook towards the stratification of jobs, I learnt that I am too parochial to segregate it based on the social structure. Delving into what is really unseen, almost all of us fail to see what and who really keeps us surviving!  Sans any interdependent relation, a lion can't become the head of the system simply by sidelining the works of the poor earthworms. Thus, for the nation to prosper both the lions and earthworms must play their roles and respect each other's job.)

No comments:

Post a Comment